Saturday, August 11, 2012

First Photoshoot Experience

Hi dolls! I was asked earlier this week to do makeup for a local photoshoot. After speaking with the photographer about his vision for the shoot I agreed to do it. I'm so happy I did because it was so much fun! The photographer wanted something that was a little out of the ordinary, kind of futuristic, but still glamorous. The photoshoot was taking place at the nicest local hotel which is about 150 years old and has a very old-Hollywood glam look to it. It's very ornate, and if you've ever seen the movie Leatherheads starring George Clooney and Renee Zellweger you have seen the hotel, as a portion of the movie was filmed in it. I decided the best route to go would be to do a makeup lace eye-mask with an old-Hollywood style cat eye and wine colored lipstick. I took a risk by doing the lace mask because I had never actually done one. I practiced a couple of times on my arm before going to the shoot Friday evening and it turned out well so I decided to go ahead and try it on the model. I figured "What's the worst that could happen? If it looks bad, it's just makeup and can easily be fixed." Let me tell you I am so glad I took the risk to do the lace mask! It turned out awesome! It was avant garde enough without being over-the-top and was still very glamorous. Both the photographer and model were very happy with the way it turned out and it photographed beautifully! The photographer will be sending me the photos from the shoot to add to my portfolio so I will definitely post them as soon as I receive. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment